PHILOSOPHY, RELIGION & ETHICS (pre)
Autumn 2018 revision
Your assessment in the autumn term will be looking at different religious and non-religious views on the afterlife.
You will need to revise using the comparisons sheet in your book to help you summarise each of the following beliefs:
- Paranormal/near death experiences
Please see Classroom for more details.
- Types of punishment (retribution, protection, etc)
- Human Rights
- Children's Rights
- Adam and Eve and Free Will
- The death penalty
- Conscientious objectors
For an outline of the PRE curriculum by year group, please see our Curriculum Guides.At Holmwood House we cover many different religions. They include:
We also cover contemporary issues:
- World poverty and environmental issues
- Stewardship of the earth
- Inequality in the world
- Christian response to poverty
- Religious prejudice and the media
- Birth, marriage, infertility and death
The PRE department works closely with the Science, Music, Drama, English, PSHCE and ICT departments.
Parents can click here to see RS videos created by Holmwood pupils on their iPads.